Have you started your preparation for the Rededication?
Written by Bernice Zieba on 23/02/2020
The Rededication of England
In March of this year England will be rededicated to Jesus through Mary. England will once again become The Dowry of Mary! The rededication will be ‘the personal gift of the faith of the people of England to the Mother of God, to seek her help in building a strong spiritual foundation for the New Evangelisation’. Read more about the rededication on the website Behold.
To prepare for the rededication, get hold of the booklet 33 Days to Morning Glory (requests can be made at the shrine in Walsingham) or sign up for the newsletter to receive the daily prayers for each of the 33 days.
Pope Leo XIII once said: ‘When England goes back to Walsingham, Our Lady will return to England.’ What a privilege to be part of this very important spiritual event!’
This is the timeline of the Rededication of England as Mary’s Dowry:
- 1 January 2020: Formal public announcement by the Bishops of England and Wales
- 21 February 2020: All Catholics, and anybody else who wants to join in, will
be invited to begin a personal 33-day consecration to Jesus through Mary following the method of St Louis de Montfort.
- 25 March 2020 (the Feast of the Annunciation): All who are following the consecration will consecrate themselves to Jesus through Mary on this day.
- 26, 27 and 28 March 2020: A three-day triduum of prayer in which all will be invited to recite the litany of Saints and Martyrs of England and pray the Rosary in preparation for the rededication.
- 29 March 2020: A personal rededication of England as the Dowry of Mary. This will be done in Westminster, Walsingham, every Cathedral, every cooperating parish, and as many homes as possible throughout the country. It is a personal rededication following the guidelines in the book The Angelus Promise which can be obtained from the shrine.